Paul Taylor received special recognition at the Santa Clara County Behavioral Health Board’s 4th Annual Community Heroes Reception that was held on April 22nd.
After a career that spans over four decades in mental health care, Mr. Taylor has been credited for building Momentum into one of the nation’s leading non-profit mental health organizations. Momentum is the largest private non-profit mental health agency serving adults in Santa Clara County with over 400 employees and a budget of $34 million serving 4000 people annually.
Mr. Taylor has been a dedicated agent of change in the health care sector for over 40 years and his impact will long be felt. Over the course of his career he has made many contributions, including these milestones:
- Established one of the first residential treatment programs in the nation for mentally ill ex-offenders.
- Board member of the California Council of Community Mental Health Agencies (CCCMHA) and Board member of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association (PRA).
- Served as President of the California Association of Social Rehabilitation Agencies (CASRA), President of the California Chapter of Psychiatric Rehabilitation Association and President of the Behavioral Health Contractors’ Association of Santa Clara County (BHCASCC).
- Recipient of the 2013 Irvin Rutman award.
- Founded The La Selva Group, the first residential treatment program for adults who have mental illness in California funded by both commercial insurance and private pay.